ARecord – app summary
ARecord is a feature rich control application for the Parrot AR.Drone, available on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, allowing you to capture image and video footage from the AR.Drone’s built in cameras and export via iTunes file sharing.
ARecord - UK download ARecord - US download
ARecord – notes from the developer (L3I)
This is a free app that let you record the video while using your Parrot AR.Drone. Please note that you need to own the AR.Drone to use this application.
The app has been developed and tested with drone firmware 1.1.3, on an iPhone 3GS. There’s no guarantee that it works on a different configuration. It should be fine on recent iPod Touch and iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2 though.
– Still image capture
– Video recording to QuickTime format
– Video recording as images pack
– Enable/disable video/images compression to spare space
– Export your recordings with iTunes File Sharing
– You can not watch your videos directly on your iPhone, you need to export them via iTunes. Hopefully, this will come along an hypothetic update.
– Depending of your iDevice, the video framerate may decrease while recording with the front camera. It is recommended to avoid multitasking when flying and let ARecord use the whole iPhone resources.
How to watch your videos?
– Plug your iPhone to your PC
– Start Itunes
– Select your device
– Click on the “Apps” tab
– Select ARecord in the list at the bottom of the page
– Select and transfer files you want to watch on your computer
You accept full responsibility about what could happen when using this software. L3I is not responsible for any material damage, personal injury or violation of law that may occur while you use this application.
The Parrot AR.Drone sponsors:
ARecord – app video & imagesGoogle+