Flight Record – app summary
Flight Record for the Parrot AR.Drone combines a slick control mechanism, on-screen flight information alongside image and video capture. Available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Flight Record from All About Jake is the top selling application for the AR.Drone.
Flight Record - UK download Flight Record - US download
Flight Record – notes from the developer (All About Jake)
Please READ before purchasing! This application requires a Parrot AR.Drone and specific iOS hardware requirements. Please do not purchase this application unless you own the AR.Drone and have a compatible device. An iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch (3rd/4th Generation) running iOS 4.1+ or iPad running iOS 4.2 is required EXCEPT iPod Touch 8GB units without a front facing camera. 8GB 3rd generation iPod touches are actually 2nd generation hardware and are UNSUPPORTED. A 4th Generation iPhone or iPod Touch is STRONGLY recommended. DEVICES NOT SUPPORTED: iPhone 3G, iPhone EDGE, Gen 1 iPod Touch, Gen 2 iPod Touch, Gen 3 iPod Touch 8GB. ***
Supports Drone firmware 1.5.1. Fixes the Green/Purple video and camera switch issues created with AR.FreeFlight 1.7.
Note: new Adaptive Video setting. Turn off to improve quality. The drone doesn’t always accept the setting, you may need to try a few times.
Please visit the support page link below for more information before purchasing!
Flight Record is a simple flight control application that allows you record your AR.Drone video while you fly.
– Video recording to H264 QuickTime format (up to 15fps)
– Export to camera roll for trimming, posting to YouTube or use in iMovie compositions.
– Export video files using iTunes File Sharing
– Standard AR.Drone flight controls and heads up display with enhanced resolution graphics for the Retina display.
– Built using the 1.6 SDK, Including left handed, no accelerometer control modes, and 1 handed ACE mode from early FreeFlight versions.
– Switch cameras using the “CAMERA” button on the left side.
– Emergency reset was added back (disabled in the 1.5 SDK.)
– A virtual instrument panel, including Directional Gyro, Artificial Horizon, altimeter, and forward speed. These plot the navigational data received from drone.
– Still image capture
– Less annoying “preflight briefing” – option to disable after first appearance. (Re-enable in settings app)
– Overlay of instrument panel on video and still image.
– Television out with supported device and accessory cable. (not supported on older devices such as iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G)
– Optional video recording modes: hard-coded 15fps or actual timecode.
– While swipe-to-delete was available in 1.1, added a “Edit” button to the video library since deleting videos with a swipe was non-obvious.
– “Land on Quit” option will send one final request to the drone to land in the event the app is exited. Note that this is not meant to be used as an emergency stop, as there are instances where it may not work (in the event of communications failure, or application crash, for example)
– Significant performance enhancements allowing all these great new features.
– Application will opts-out of iOS multitasking, and will quit completely on exit.
This application is for entertainment purposes only. Please fly safely. You accept full and unconditional responsibility for the use of this software. All About Jake, LLC is not responsible for any consequences of using this software, including any damage to your drone, loss, damage to property, personal injury, or violation of law that may occur in connection with using this application. Obey all laws and respect the privacy of others.
While we’re confident in the performance of Flight Record 1.3, we’re starting to push the limits of what can be accomplished without impacting flight control. Each user’s device configuration and setup is different, so evaluate the performance and use of the application yourself. As with any new drone flight control app, please test in a safe and controlled situation until you are confident and aware of the performance characteristics and control nuances. A 4th generation device is strongly recommended. Disabling features (TV-out, instrument overlay, etc) can reduce processing overhead on older devices. Avoid multitasking with other applications to reduce load and enable Airplane mode to reduce interruptions.
The Parrot AR.Drone sponsors:
Flight Record – app video & imagesGoogle+